Creamy pork and Mushroom casserole recipe
Discover tender chunks of pork and wild mushrooms with every delicious mouthful in this rich and creamy one-pot. It’s the perfect dinner for family or friends to enjoy with you.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 700 g pack pork shoulder steaks, cut into large chunks
- 3 tbsp plain flour
- 65 g Italian smoked pancetta
- 2 echalion shallots finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 250 ml white wine
- 150 g chestnut mushrooms, quartered
- 250 ml chicken stock
- 1 tbsp freshly picked thyme leaves
- 200 g JOSEFA Mushroom Sauce
- Heat the olive oil in a large non-stick casserole pan. Season the pork, sprinkle over the flour and toss well to coat. Place ⅓ of the pork in a single layer in the pan and cook until brown on both sides. Remove and repeat with the rest of the pork.
- Add the pancetta to the pan, cook for 1 min, then add the shallots and garlic, and sauté for 2 mins. Pour in the wine and scrape the brown bits from the bottom of the pan, then allow to reduce by half.
- Return the meat back to the pan along with the chestnut mushrooms, chicken stock and thyme. Bring to a simmer and cook with the lid on for 15-20 mins. Remove the lid, add JOSEFA Mushroom Sauce and cream, and simmer for 5-10 mins or until the sauce has thickened slightly. Season to taste and serve with hot mashed potato and sautéed cabbage.
Freezing and defrosting guidelines: Cook as instructed and allow to cool completely. Then transfer to an airtight, freezer-safe container, seal and freeze for up to 1-3 months. To serve, defrost thoroughly in the fridge overnight before reheating. To reheat and serve, place on medium heat, stirring occasionally until the dish is heated through.