Creamy Mushroom Sauce with Roasted Turkey
Besides using this JOSEFA FOODS Mushroom Sauce in casseroles and pot pies, spoon it over sliced turkey for a delicious hot turkey meal.
- Heavy saucepan
- Medium Pan
- 1 tub JOSEFA FOODS Mushroom Sauce
- 100 ml Heavy cream
- 50 ml Milk
- 200 g White mushrooms Finely Chopped
- In a medium pan, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and shallots or onion. Cook until the mushrooms release their liquid, the liquid boils off, and the mushrooms brown, 10 minutes, stirring often. Set aside.
- In a medium, heavy saucepan, heat JOSEFA Mushroom Sauce then slowly add the hot milk mixture, starting with 1/4 cup, whisking during and after each addition until the sauce is smooth. Cook until the sauce is steaming and coats a spoon thickly, 6 minute
- Off the heat, mix in the mushrooms. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
SERVE it with roasted turkey and enjoy this mouth-watering, creamy sauce! To freeze: Spoon the sauce into a resealable plastic freezer bag. Cool the sauce to room temperature. Cover tightly and refrigerate the sauce to chill. Freeze the bagged sauce on a baking sheet.